About the job
This position performs a variety of professional accounting duties as needed to expedite the efficient and effective day-to-day processing, posting, and reporting of accounting activities related to sales reconciliation, bank reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fixed asset management.
What you will be doing
- Perform account reconciliations and ensure accuracy of general ledger balances
- Committed to achieving timely and accurate monthly/quarterly closing
- Research issues related to out-of-balance results, variances, etc.
- Prepare and post journal entries for related transactions
- Research refunds, returns, rejections, etc.
- Receive daily payments for products purchases and other receivables
- Document receipts according to established procedures, posts or data enters sales and credit card amounts into spreadsheet
- Compile, generate and distribute reports to support management decisions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and experience we would like to see
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management or related field plus 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting or financial management or the equivalent of education and experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of internal control principles and methods of application
- Ability to analyze a variety of financial issues and make recommendations
- Ability to problem-solve at a high level
- Knowledge of computer accounting applications and ERP systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Willingness to adapt and adjust as needed to support business objectives
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with members of other departments
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?