Payroll Specialist (Springville, Utah)
About the job
As a member of our Accounting/Finance team, the Payroll/Accounting Specialist will serve as the internal payroll subject matter expert responsible for full-cycle payroll processing including processing, reviewing and editing time cards, time off processing, auditing and payroll journal entries.
What you will be doing
- Audit and reconcile a wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents.
- Process employee time & attendance data from current ADP Time Clock System to process payroll.
- Review and approve time cards.
- Develop in depth understanding of payroll reporting from payroll system to be able to create ad-hoc reports on demand.
- Process accurate employee pay.
- Ensure that payrolls are processed timely, accurately, and compliantly.
- Facilitate and process employee benefits with specific finance/accounting/tax requirements; liaison with HR/Administration regarding related strategy, policy and employee communications and relating to other benefits managed by Human Resources.
- Assist employees in registering for or resetting access to online ADP portal.
- Manage and execute payroll reports and uploads to benefits carriers.
- Provide assistance to employees and Human Resources in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to compensation, how to submit time or time off requests, where to locate forms and information within the company, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instructions on withholding issues.
- Assist Accounting/Finance team with certain non-payroll duties, as needed, including support of Accounts Payable and General Accounting functions.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and experience we would like to see
- BS, BA or related years of experience (at least 5 years of corporate experience). Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in payroll processing/accounting duties.
- Understanding of all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations.
- General understanding of accounting, exposure to management reporting systems.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, a strong plus.
- Able to assist with Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting.
- Basic knowledge of employee benefit financial related processing.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility.
- Solid MS Excel and Word skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities.
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues and information.
- Team player with excellent communication (written and verbal) and strong customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent follow through on assigned tasks.
- Flexible with a “Can Do” attitude; wiliness to learn.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods, calculate figures/amounts and analyze payroll data.
After you have taken the time to review our open positions, you may be curious to discover how your talents align with shaping the future of Modere. You are more than just your resume. We understand. The resume is only the introduction to your story. A platform to begin a conversation.
So, are you ready to introduce yourself? Let's begin. Send us your resume and any additional links you would like for us to review. Feel free to begin with a brief intro. A standard cover letter just won’t do. We invite you to let us know what you are thinking at this very moment.
After you submit your information, time will elapse as we review responses. As we learn about you, we may discover that our paths intersect and we will want to meet you. It may be over the phone or in person. Be prepared. It is critical that you understand that we are selective. (We expect you are as well.)
This is an excellent time for you to reflect. Know who you are. Be comfortable being you. Know what drives you to be your best. Know what kind of people motivate you to be your best. Why are you considering a change of employment? What would a Modere employment opportunity mean for you?